About Adult Cockroaches
Adult cockroaches look the same as cockroach nymphs, but in species that have wings, the wings only appear at adulthood.
- Begin by drawing a shape that resembles a long, narrow shield with a blunt bottom edge. This is the main body segment that represents the mesothorax and metathorax.
- Draw a dome at the top of the body to represent the neck area called a prothorax.
- Draw another small, flatter dome at the top of the prothorax to represent the cockroach’s head.
- Draw two antennae.
- Draw a sweeping downward line to represent the cockroach’s left wing and several other downward lines to represent the a right wing partially tucked under.
- Draw six thin legs along the body’s sides and two more small lines jutting out from the base of the cockroach’s body. These two lines represent the cerci.