To return to the “How To Draw a Cockroach Life Cycle” page with all the drawings click here.
About Cockroach Eggs
Cockroaches lay egg sacs called ootheca. The ootheca protects the eggs inside with a hard protective shell. In this “How-to-draw” example, you will draw a cockroach ootheca.
You can download the printable “How-to-Draw a Cockroach Egg” here. And download all the “How-to-Draw a Cockroach Life Cycle” sheets from the page here.
- Begin by drawing a squashed-looking semi-circle with an open end on the left. This will be the right side of the ootheca.
- Draw a shape similar to the one you just drew, but squashed more and forming a point at the top. Along with the first line, it should look a little like a purse and together they form the outline for the ootheca.
- Draw a set of little points along the top of the ootheca. This represents the ootheca’s keel, the part that opens when the cockroach nymphs are ready to emerge.
- Draw 3 arcing vertical lines, top-to-bottom, at the right side of the ootheca.
- Draw two more top-to-bottom arcing lines in the middle.
- Draw three more arcing lines this time with bulges at the left side of the ootheca.