To return to the “How To Draw a Cockroach Life Cycle” page with all the drawings click here.
About Final Stage Cockroach Nymph Molts
As with other stages of cockroach nymph development, the immature cockroach closely resembles the adults. In this “How-to-draw” example, you will draw the final nymph stage before the cockroach becomes an adult.
You can download the printable “How-to-Draw a Final-Stage Cockroach Nymph” here. And download all the “How-to-Draw a Cockroach Life Cycle” sheets from the page here.
- Begin by drawing a shape that resembles a long narrow bookmark, with two notches near the top and a dull point at the bottom.
- Draw an oval for the head.
- Draw two black eyes with a point at the bottom of the right one and a point at the side of the left one.
- Draw arcing lines at the top of the body to represent the jointed segments of the cockroach’s exoskeleton, but only draw one line above the indentation (the cockroach’s prothorax area).
- Draw more arcing lines at the bottom of the body (the cockroach’s mesothorax and metathorax).
- Draw six thin legs, two antennae, and two stubby lines at the base of the cockroach’s body to represent the cerci.