About Final Stage Cockroach Nymph Molts
As with other stages of cockroach nymph development, the immature cockroach closely resembles the adults. In this “How-to-draw” example, you will draw the final nymph stage before the cockroach becomes an adult.
- Begin by drawing a shape that resembles a long narrow bookmark, with two notches near the top and a dull point at the bottom.
- Draw an oval for the head.
- Draw two black eyes with a point at the bottom of the right one and a point at the side of the left one.
- Draw arcing lines at the top of the body to represent the jointed segments of the cockroach’s exoskeleton, but only draw one line above the indentation (the cockroach’s prothorax area).
- Draw more arcing lines at the bottom of the body (the cockroach’s mesothorax and metathorax).
- Draw six thin legs, two antennae, and two stubby lines at the base of the cockroach’s body to represent the cerci.